Attachment is a means of placing a defendant's property into the custody of the court at the request of the plaintiff before the trial as security for the plaintiff's claim. Many states require that the plaintiff post an attachment bond to guarantee the plaintiff will pay damages caused to the defendant by the attachment if the attachment is later determined to be wrongful.
Attach a copy of the court order
to a completed and signed general bond application.
Release of Attachment Bond: When property is attached, the defendant is not helpless. The defendant usually has the right to have the property returned by posting a Release of Attachment bond to serve in lieu of the property as security for the plaintiff's claim. (This type of bond is typically collateralized)
In order to effectively assist you with an Attachment Bond we will need you to provide us with the following information:
1. Complete title of action.
2. Name, location of Court, and amount of bond.
3. Name, address, and phone number of attorney for the applicant.
4. Amount of plaintiff’s claim and nature thereof.
5. Grounds of the attachment.
6. Nature and alleged ownership of property to be attached and where located.
7. Detailed adequate financial statement of current date, and business references from the applicant.
In addition, please complete, sign, and return the attached Bond Application in the sections indicated.